your investment with these simple precautions and care
guidelines to ensure the longevity and luster of your garment:
• Never mothproof with chemical sprays.
• Always store your fur in our storage vault during the warm
season. Temperature and humidity (50%) must be kept constant.
• Always hang your fur garment on a broad-shouldered hanger
and give the garment enough room in the closet to prevent it
from being creased or crushed. Never store your fur in a
• Never leave your fur near heat, it will cause brittleness.
• Never comb or brush furs, just shake them out.
• Avoid hanging your fur in a bright place.
• Never allow perfume, cologne, hair spray, or makeup to come
in direct contact with your fur.
• Never store your fur in a cedar closet.
• If your fur becomes damp, shake it out and hang it in a
place where air circulates. Never in a closet.
• If your garment becomes soaked, bring it immediately to
McDaniel Furs for proper treatment.
• Have small rips repaired promptly to avoid more serious
• Your Homeowner’s insurance most likely will not cover your
fur. Be sure that you have sufficient insurance with
• Have your furs conditioned and cleaned yearly by our fur
specialist. Not only will it enliven and revitalize the
luster, but it will prolong the life or your fur garment.